Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Preparation

Our trip to South Africa is rapidly approaching, and still so much to do. I wanted to set up a blog site to upload a daily journal and pictures of the trip to share with friends and family.

I fly out of San Jose the morning of December 1 and arrive in Paris at 6:30am on Tuesday. I will meet up with Rey and Liza later that day in the Paris de Gaulle airport for our flight to Johannesburg. That flight does not leave until 11:15pm, so I plan to do some site seeing in Paris. I hope to see at least the Musee d'Orsay (since the Louvre is closed on Tuesday's) and the Eiffel Tower. I am still looking into tours and other options.

We will arrive in Johannesburg at 10:40 am on Wednesday December 3, and catch another flight followed by a shuttle to the Jock Safari Lodge in Kruger National Park. Upon arriving, we set out on a night safari. Early the next morning, we will go on another safari. I hope that we won't be too jet lagged. With the excitement of the trip, I don't think it will be a problem, at least for me.

On Friday, December 5, we leave the park and head for Cape Town, where we will stay most of our trip. We should have internet access and laptops, so we hope to post daily journals and pictures.

On Monday December 15, we fly back to Johannesburg. On Tuesday December 16, we leave South Africa, returning home in the afternoon on Wednesday, December 17, and back to work on Thursday, December 18.

I will post more as I prepare for the trip, and once in Cape Town, internet access permitting.

No comments: